We hope you’re managing with the COVID-19 lockdown and have good preventative measures in place to protect your health and wellbeing.
UniMed is here for you. Keep talking to us and let us know anything that’s worrying you.
By way of reassurance, I would like to reiterate some really important messages.
UniMed’s plans do not have any general exclusions for COVID-19. If a Member meets the eligibility requirements of their plan, you will be able to make a claim. New Zealand’s public healthcare system provides acute care for all New Zealanders and treatment of COVID-19 will be managed by the public healthcare system. UniMed’s plans complement the public healthcare system. This means, there is no cover for acute care but, depending on your plan and your particular medical situation, you may have cover for conditions that develop as a result of COVID-19.
To limit the risk of infection, most GPs and health professionals are understandably now carrying out their consultations over the phone, or via Zoom, Facetime or Skype. This is for both routine health consultations and consultations related to COVID-19. UniMed will cover these as an exception until further notice and treat them as a standard consultation in line with your policy benefit maximums. That applies to all the health professionals that you’re covered for under your policy.
We have put plans in place to assist members who have been made redundant or are suffering extreme financial hardship for other reasons. Please contact us at email@example.com or 0800 600 666 to discuss your situation with us.
We’re still receiving mail. All our mail bags sit in quarantine for seven days and are then distributed to our staff to action. Please rest assured that all mail is secure and will be processed as soon as possible.
Keep up to date with your claims
If you have extra time on your hands, make sure all your claims are up to date – we’re here to help. The quickest way to lodge your claims is by visiting the website and following the online claiming process. https://unimed.co.nz/contact-us/make-a-claim/ Claims lodged this way are not caught up in the quarantine delay and can be quickly and easily processed. You can also contact the Claims Team if you need to on firstname.lastname@example.org
We Kiwis are renowned for our resourcefulness. It’s what makes us so great.
Below are some free resources that you might find useful to help map your way through the next few weeks. These are just a few of many that are available – no doubt you will have some favourites too. Let us know what they are and we might be able to add them to the mix. email@example.com
- The Ministry of Health has put this information sheet together to help your wellbeing. It includes some great advice for daily life at the moment and useful links to additional resources if you need them. https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/covid-19-novel-coronavirus-health-advice-general-public/covid-19-wellbeing-alert-level-4
- Les Mills is running a free exercise session every weekday morning on TVNZ at 9am. You can also view them on TVNZ on Demand. https://www.tvnz.co.nz/shows/les-mills-ondemand
- There’s also something for the kids. https://www.tvnz.co.nz/shows/les-mills-born-to-move
- Here’s another one for the kids too. This is a printable diary by a Christchurch artist that offers daily activities for children and is a way for families to keep a positive record of their experiences during this time. https://www.mylockdowndiary.com/
- Edible fun for the kids. https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/well-good/120665567/coronavirus-edible-fun-for-locked-down-kids
- Craft activities for the kids. https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/well-good/120668436/5-simple-pen-and-paper-crafts-to-do-with-kids
- Age Concern is offering some good advice https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IOFV-inVJJvbjJS80_tlcO5Y8lke96Pk/view
- Supermarket shopping for people over 70 years of age, at Countdown Supermarkets, and at New World Supermarkets.
Please keep an eye on our website for other updates and additional information. https://unimed.co.nz/
We can get through this together. Please stay in touch with us and let us know how UniMed can help. We’re here for you.
We’ll be in contact again shortly.