Why choose it?
Hospital Select is ideal if you are looking for a plan that provides our most comprehensive cover for major unexpected illnesses requiring surgery or hospitalisation. It can also help you to manage your regular health bills through great options like day to day treatment, dental and vision care, specialist and natural health.
This flexibility means Hospital Select is a great choice for employers who can elect to subsidise the base plan. Employees can then add family members and choose additional cover building a health plan to best suit their needs.
Hospital Select also works very well for people who are not part of a group scheme and want cover for major unexpected health costs plus options to help pay for routine health treatments.
- 100% reimbursement of eligible surgical costs up to $300,000* per year.
- Specialist consultations and test/investigations associated with surgery or hospital admission.
- Cover is available for cancer treatment including surgery, radiotherapy and chemotherapy (including Non-Pharmac funded chemotherapy administered while in hospital*).
- Loyalty benefits including overseas surgery, obesity surgery, and sterilisation procedures.
- Additional cover is available (when selected) for Specialist consultations and tests/investigations that do not result in surgery or hospital admission.
- A wide range of additional options including day to day treatment, dental and vision and natural health.
Hospital Select (Base plan)
Optional Add-on Modules:
Day to day
Dental and vision
How much cover is included?
Some benefit limits do apply. Please refer to the Hospital Select benefit sheet for details of the cover available including any specific limitations, rules or requirements for each benefit. A list of the surgical procedures included for cover can be found in the List of Approved Surgical Procedures which is updated from time to time. (note that personal exclusions relating to pre-existing conditions still apply).
Please refer to the Hospital Select benefit sheet for details of the cover available.
Terms and conditions
In addition to the terms and conditions outlined in the Hospital Select benefit schedule, please also read the UniMed Conditions of Membership. Personal exclusions relating to pre-existing conditions may also apply and these will be noted on your UniMed Membership Certificate following application.